Wednesday, October 9, 2013

35 weeks

So today I'm 35 weeks pregnant. I guess that's like 8 months pregnant.....feels like 6 years. Since my last post I'm thrilled to report that our good days have far out weighed the bad in the toddler department. I guess life has a way of evening out because in the 'feeling like a whale' department I have had far more bad days since last posting. I guess 5 weeks in pregnant world equals exponential discomfort in preparation for the ultimate 'discomfort' at the end of this ride. 

I have been to the doc twice since 30 weeks. At 32 weeks my doctor was concerned that I might be at risk for pre-term labor because of the amount of contractions I was having. She performed a series of tests and the results were.....well I'm still pregnant. I was having the same kind/quantity of contractions just before my last visit, but alas.....still pregnant. I stopped keeping track of the contractions as now I know what I'm looking for. The contractions I was having were Braxton hicks as I mostly felt them at the top of my uterus. I have since had some very real contractions but luckily not at predictable intervals for any amount of time. While I am extremely exhausted with pregnancy, and feel overwhelmed with tired. I know what I am feeling is perfectly normal, but I just can't seem to recall this part of the pregnancy the first go round. One huge difference that is notable is that Bella seems to be sitting so much lower than Mia ever did. I remember having a hard time breathing after I ate, and this time, a baby presence under my rib cage is not at all an issue. As nice as this is, it certainly comes with counter issues. For example, I am pretty sure that in the 8 hours I was at work yesterday there was not even a 5 minute period of time that I did not have to pee just a little bit. And I'm not sure how I worked it, but my desk is possiblyTHE furthest from the restroom in our whole office. I may as well be wearing a bell to alert every desk I pass that I'm headed to the can.....yet again. But, enough with the dramatics.....as a whole (a ginormous whole) I'm good. 

I have every intention on updating again next week with more of the goings on after my first weekly appointment. I am fully prepared to be told I am making no progress, but will certainly welcome with much relief any new to the contrary. In the meantime, please keep me in your prayers as we enter this last month of pregnancy. Pray for a healthy baby girl, a painless transition from a family of 3 to one of 4......and for some sort of relief for the crazy allergies I seem to be able to find no relief from.

Here are some pics to catch you up until next time.....

31weeks
This says 33, but I was a little ahead of myself, it's 32 weeks
THIS is 33 weeks
34 weeks
35 weeks
And some from the amazing shower my besties threw me :-)
And some from Margaret's visit, I can't tell you how it melts my heart to see her and Mia play :-)
And finally, our precious baby girl checking out all the bugs in our yard :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment