Sunday, February 9, 2014

Accountability

This is gonna be a quick one, so hold on tight! I need to be held accountable.....so you've been nominated to do just that. I am almost 14 weeks post baby and I am still up 10lbs and mountains of cellulite from my pre-baby body. I don't need you to tell me that I just had a baby. I don't need to know that it takes TIME for the weight to come off. And for real, I don't want to hear that "all things considered" I look pretty good (not that I'm saying that's the case, but this is not a fish for compliments post). What I DO need is for you to tell me to SHUT UP and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Ok, Ok.....no need to be so harsh. I'm doing something. I have a plan. It's three fold (I feel like the best plans are.....and that is based on absolutely nothing scientific):
1. 7 Day cleanse (goal - drop 7-10lbs)
2. Focus t25 (a 10 week workout DVD set that I intend to order AND COMPLETE to firm up)
3. Maintain. (goal, to never again have should-be-firm parts of my body jiggle every morning when I brush my teeth)

My better half and I have decided we need to do something drastic to get the ball rolling so we decided on  a 7 day cleanse that I found on Pinterest (because where else do you look for stuff like this?) They say that you can lose 10+ lbs in a week on this cleanse. I don't know who "they" are, so in all fairness, "they" could be liars. What I do know is that we are about to see firsthand.

Most of you (I am assuming I don't have a huge following) know that follow through is not my strong suit. I tend to get distracted easily by things like toddlers and sleep.....and wine. But I figure 7 days is one week. If I can't do something for one week, then seriously.....my cellulite is not my biggest problem.

I don't normally post specifics about my weight and measurements because I like to stay in denial about what I weigh and how big my ass is, but for the purposes of accountability, I will be posting my starting weight and the results after the 7 day cleanse and then weekly(ish) during phase 2.

In case you were wondering, the cleanse I'm doing is not some crazy juice cleanse (I HAVE to chew my food) and it doesn't involve any pills. It's just mostly eating fruits, veggies, lean proteins and some weird soup:
So, there you have it. I'm laying it out and hoping that by posting it publicly and I will actually make it through all phases and come out on the other side a healthier, happier Mommy/wife/friend/daughter/blogger....wish me luck! :)

*And in case you were worried, I'm no longer breast feeding, but that is another post entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment